Fantasy Mini-Bundle

I’m proud to announce today that I’m being featured in another bundle from my friends at StoryBundle. In the past, they have included my books in their Big Bang Bundle and the subsequent Fantasy Bundle, which has resulted in them offering all of my books to date. When I released The Rise of the Red Shadow, I was once again given the opportunity to offer it in a bundle, but that’s not all. This time around, I was asked to curate the bundle. This was going to be a first of its kind mini-bundle, featuring a smaller number authors and a shorter duration than the standard bundles, and thus I was asked for some recommendations of authors who might have stories that would go well with my own. I’m happy to say I’ve become friendly with quite a few of my fellow indie authors, so I had a few ideas of who might be interested and might match well. After a bit of discussion and correspondence, we were able to gather contributions from two authors whose work and creativity have repeatedly earned my admiration and envy. Those authors are Lindsay Buroker and Charlotte E. English.

MiniBundle

As the name would suggest, this bundle is a compact little sampling of our works, and it will be run just like any other bundle. If you head over to StoryBundle right now, you’ll be able to name your own price, anywhere from $2 to $100, to buy up to seven full length, DRM-free books. The standard bundle contains my own latest novel The Rise of the Red Shadow along with a special omnibus edition of Book 1 through 3 of Charlotte’s excellent Draykon series. For just a few dollars more, you’ll get Lindsay’s contribution, the first three books of the Emperor’s Edge series. I could rave about these stories for pages, but their success speaks for itself. Every book in this bundle is highly rated wherever it is available, and many of you will recognize the titles from recommendations made by various retailers after buying my own books. This is a great way to get your hands on a nice hearty slice of the oeuvre of two great authors, and a great way for me to finally use the word oeuvre in a sentence.

You can purchase the bundle right here from September 17th to September 26th. Go on down and check it out!

About Joseph Lallo

Despite having a job in the IT industry and a pair of degrees from a technical school, Joseph Lallo is actively attempting to prove that you can make a career out of daydreaming aggressively, then committing the results to paper.
This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Fantasy Mini-Bundle

1. Pingback: StoryBundle | Charlotte E. EnglishCharlotte E. English

2. avatar Paul-Andre Girardin says:

You write: But wait, there’s more! Originally we’d discussed including more of my Book of Deacon stories in this bundle, to give folks a chance to read the trilogy if they enjoyed The Rise of the Red Shadow, but we agreed that including books that had been in a previous bundle wasn’t a great way to reward faithful bundlers, so instead I’m running my own sale concurrently. If you buy a bundle, you’ll be given Smashwords codes to buy books 2 and 3 of my trilogy for a buck a piece, with the first book free already.

Thanks for that but I have a question about it, here it is:

In what way will we get the codes, Will there be another Email from you or StoryBundle, a message in the Kindle books?

I already ordered and received confirmation and kindle delivery!

Cannot wait to start reading The Rise of the Red Shadow and Book of Deacon 01.

• avatar Joseph Lallo says:

Hi! Initially the codes were to go out as part of the initial Bundle Announcement, but at last check, it seems the codes will be distributed in a secondary email from Storybundle, which I believe will be going out tomorrow. All else fails, you can send me an email and I’ll reply with the links and codes. Thanks for picking up the bundle, and I hope you enjoy the stories.

3. avatar Tsienyane says:

So I picked up the mini fantasy bundle from storybundle, and decided (randomly) to read The Rise of the Red Shadow.
    I really like this book, and the way it draws pictures in my mind. I have eventually now finished it, in between waiting for the grand child to show up.
    The storyline is excellent, and well rounded. The finish also rolled nicely out to the end, which is one of the biggest problems I always have with my writing.
    *** MINOR SPOILERS ***
    As much as there is violence in this book, it is described in a fashion that does not offend or become overly gory. It is also necessary for the story to continue.
    I thought that the loss of the tail needed a bit more elaboration on the difficulty that the mally would have to adapt, with his tail missing, as most animals use these to balance extensively. Note that his is just my opinion, and not to be critical.
    I can personally relate to the black out in anger mode, that he went through. I myself have experienced that, where I could not recall afterwards what I did, and the two incidents landed me in plenty hot water, until I managed to control it.
    The beast in the cave twist was interesting, although I felt that a little more explanation was needed around the existence of the town, and why alternative accesses, like flight etc, (Yes, i know, no aircraft, but there was magic.) and sea (as there was a cliff/beach) would not be possible. That said, this still does not distract from the story.
    Hats off to a good, well told story, and I look forward to reading the Book of Deacon. I have already downloaded the first one, and am waiting for the keys to pick up the next two, and Jade as well. (As much as 3 bucks for a book is still very cheap, for me in South Africa, and right now, it does pose a problem.)
    I look forward to seeing more of your work. (Will eventually also get to the other Storybundle books under your name, which I picked up. :) )
    /bow to a good writer.

• avatar Joseph Lallo says:

Thanks for picking up the bundle! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

*** MINOR SPOILERS ***
      I did indeed try to keep the violence “off screen” so to speak. The reader’s imagination can fill in the blanks just fine. No need to start using gross language. Regarding the loss of the tail, I agree a bigger point probably should have been made of it. I briefly tried to figure out exactly what difficulties he might have had, but in the end I decided it was just another thing he’d have to adapt to.

Blackout anger. My brother has experienced it a few times, and myself once or twice, so I thought it would be a good thing to include.

Entwell, the village of training, gets a little bit more explanation in later books, but much of that remains unexplained. Certainly something to explore in later writings.

I’m very happy that you’ve enjoyed the story. If you haven’t received the email with the coupon codes, send me an email and I’ll forward you a copy.

Thanks so much for reading and sharing.

• avatar Tsienyane says:

Ok, that does make sense around the tail.
        He did learn a lot of “abnormal” skills as it was. I just felt his trauma when the tail was removed. I lost a finger in a cycling accident, and it takes both physical as well as mental adaptation. Maybe it is just me, that identified myself with his plight, and other people experience it differently.

That village truly is a story all on it’s own.
        The history of the cave, the creation etc. And suddenly my mind is a blur with thoughts and visions. :)
        I look forward to seeing more stories around that.

But first I’ll now need to read the other books, to get a more complete picture.

4. avatar Shelly Richards says:

read The Trilogy Once By Borrowing On Lendle And Now Reading Again, And Buying. Bought The Bundle, Now To Read Red Shadow While IAnxiously Await TheEmail With The Discount Codes For 2 & 3. To Make My Reading List In The Middle Of A College Semester, As A Mother Of 4, With 2 Part-Time Jobs, That Is A Feat. Hope You Have Lots More In Store For This Series.

• avatar Joseph Lallo says:

I’m honored to know you’re making a place in your phenomenally packed schedule for my books! If you haven’t received your codes, I’ll forward you a copy of the email.

5. avatar AmandaChance says:

I missed the bundle… I’m so close to finishing the second, I need the third, and the ones after that as well.

• avatar Joseph Lallo says:

The bundle was short this time. Sorry about that. Hopefully you’ve been enjoying the story so far!

• avatar Amanda says:

It’s pretty awe-mazing!! Needless to say I’ve been enjoying it immensely. I’m just waiting for a couple of the characters to pop back outta the snow like daisies and save the day. :) so far so good, I’ve lost a lot of sleep staying awake to read.