After a nice long pre-order, the fourth Big Sigma story is available everywhere now!
If you pre-ordered the story, it’s already available and might even be waiting for you on your device! If not, you can find it on Amazon, iBooks, Google Play, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Smashwords and everywhere else!
I really enjoyed writing this one. The Big Sigma Crew is great fun to write, and science fiction affords a lot of personality and plot opportunities that aren’t quite the same in the fantasy side of the spectrum. Also, fun story. Back when The Book of Deacon wasn’t really selling any copies, I asked a friend of mine (the real life human to whom we owe the character of Oriech, in case you are wondering) what I should write next. He suggested science fiction. Nothing more specific than that. I had a sneaking suspicion that this guy, who is a massive Back to the Future fan, was after a time travel story. He didn’t say that, so I wrote a story about a race pilot who gets in trouble with both the mob and a mega-corp. Then one where he fights terrorists. Then one about a battle against killer robots. Now, finally, TIME TRAVEL. This one’s for you, Sean.
Here’s the blurb.
Temporal Contingency is the fourth book in the Big Sigma Series.
Trevor “Lex” Alexander’s life has been less than blessed. In the past year he’s had to battle corrupt corporations, deranged techno-terrorists, and a robotic scourge. Now he’s received the opportunity to finally return to the racing career that had been cut short by some poor decisions. One could excuse him for not wanting to be embroiled in another insane adventure when he is so close to returning to his life’s calling. Sometimes the call of duty will not be denied.
Karter Dee, a certified lunatic responsible for many of Lex’s recent woes, has discovered a threat on an unprecedented scale. He and Ma, his AI caretaker, know their plan to solve the problem will take a special mixture of competence, improvisation, and disregard for personal safety. Reluctance aside, Lex is the only man for the job. Even with the skilled pilot on the team, the scope of the problem has grown so massive that it may be unsolvable in its current state. Some would consider the situation hopeless, but any good engineer knows if you can’t find a solution, you have to change the problem.
To give human society a chance at a future, Lex, Karter, and Ma, will have to venture into the past.
All of your favorites are back, some of your least favorites aren’t back. It’s the best of both worlds, if you ask me. So if you’ve got it already, enjoy it, and please leave a review. If you haven’t got it yet, consider picking it up on Amazon, iBooks, Google Play, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Smashwords or elsewhere, then leave a review!
NaNoWriMo Bundle, the Final Hours
If you’re reading this significantly after the arrival of this email, it may already be too late, but if it’s before Friday, March 25th, you may still have a chance to pick up the NaNoWriMo Sci-Fi/Fantasy Bundle! Seven Books, Six Authors, Name Your Own Price, all that good stuff! Check it out.
Plans for the Future
I’ve got loads of them! The only thing I don’t have is a set of release dates for you. But here’s the state of the pipeline, if you’re interested.
- Ichor Well (Free Wrench 3) – First Draft Complete, in the hands of Beta Readers
- Myn’s Family (Book of Deacon Picture Book) – First Draft Complete, awaiting time on artist’s calendar
- The Redemption of Desmeres – 80% written, soon to reach the beta readers.
- Between – Still continuing periodically
- Second Trilogy: Book 1 – On hiatus until the current batch of Book of Deacon stories are complete.
- The D’Karon Apprentice Audio Book – 50% complete, undergoing editing
- Temporal Contingency and The Other Eight Paperbacks – Waiting for artwork
- The Story of Sorrel – Outlined
- The Lallo Universe Collectible Card Game – Thoroughly brainstormed and then completely abandoned.
- The Myn Plush – Stuck in limbo
- The Other Eight Vs. The Icon – Desperately attempting to avoid writing it
- Pizza Dragon – Remaining mysterious and vague
- Zombie Story – Waiting for the Zombie Craze to completely die.
- The Story of Rasa – Conceived of, partially outlined
- Weird Nothing – Equally mysterious and vague. In development
Honestly, there’s probably more. I’m a little scatterbrained, if you haven’t noticed…